Airport transfer, My CiTi, Golden Arrow, bus services

My CiTi bus
The My CiTi bus service is now well under way. The first route to get going was from the the airport to the city centre. At R50 for the trip, it's a bargain. We've used the bus a few times now, and I can see no reason to spend, what in comparison is a fortune, on one of the shuttle bus services or taxis. A shuttle bus or taxi costs around R250 to R300 for the same trip. The embarking process is designed so that you can roll a wheelie suitcase right into the bus. Perfect!

More good news is that the next route which is from Table View to central Cape Town is about to open. Interim fares are also excellent value at R10 per trip.
The My CiTi bus is based on a similar concept that has been in effect in Brazil for a while. The buses will ultimately run in and around the city and to Hout Bay. Can't wait.

For more on what the Cape Town City Council have planned and plenty of useful information for visitors or potential investors, visit their website Cape Town City Council. Train timetables, news, a map of all green services such as public parks, farmers markets and more can be found on their website. Very handy!

Golden Arrow bus
Lastly you could also take one of the Golden Arrow buses to get around. Visit the - Golden Arrow Bus - website for timetables. I don't find the website particularly user friendly but maybe it's just me.

Find the link at the top of this page for travel tips relating to Cape Town in particular and travel in general.

Go to - My Holidays and Trips - at the top of this page to read about other places we have visited. Or just click on - this link.

Photo of My CiTi bus c/o City of Cape Town website


Labels: , , , , , , , ,